What the Fire Marshal is Looking For
- A hard surface access to the construction site shall be provided prior to the beginning of any phase of combustible building construction on the project.
- The construction location shall be properly addressed during construction with a current set of construction plans on site at all times.
- The owner or his designee shall provide the Fire Marshal’s Office with emergency phone numbers prior to site construction.
Upon completion of the project, the address shall be placed in a position to be plainly legible and visible from the street or road fronting the property, so as to be easily seen by personnel in the event of an emergency.
- Numbers shall be of contrasting color (from the structure) and visible from the roadway.
- Address numbers shall be Arabic numerals or alphabet letters.
- Numbers shall be a minimum of 4 inches (102 mm) high with a minimum stroke width of 0.5 inch (12.7 mm).