Members are appointed by the City Council for 3-year terms.
Members shall be:
- Position 1–Shall be a Fixed Base Operator lessee at the City Municipal Airport.
- Position 2–Shall be a licensed pilot with aircraft housed at the City Municipal Airport.
- Position 3–Shall be a resident licensed pilot of the City of La Porte
- Position 4–Shall be a resident of the City of La Porte
- Position 5–Shall be an individual in a leadership position at San Jacinto College.
- Position 6-Shall be the Airport Manager (Public Works Director)
About the Board
The Airport Advisory Board advises the City Council on matters relating to the most desirable and efficient operation of the City Municipal Airport. The Airport Advisory Board shall review, from time to time, the City Airport Master Plan, and recommend up dating or revisions to such Airport Master Plan. The Board may also make recommendations on such matters as rules and regulations for operations at the Municipal Airport, and for any needed improvements to the facilities at the airport, including such matters as navigational aids, ordinances, zoning requests, height restrictions, development, as well as any other improvements which the board feels would enhance the utility of the City Municipal Airport.