| || |
|Household Hazardous Waste Day 2014| Things you can bring:
- Brake fluid, paint thinner, paint, cleaners with acid or lye, pesticides or herbicides, household batteries, car batteries, pool chemicals, motor oil, oil filters, antifreeze
- Household electronics waste (limit five items per vehicle) which includes: computer monitors, televisions up to 27” screen, computer cpu’s, keyboards, printers, cellular phones, etc.
- White goods such as refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, water heaters
- Tires up to 20” off the rim (limit six per household)
- Flammables and corrosives
- Propane gas cylinder up to 5 gallons (no other types of gas cylinders will be accepted)
Things we can not accept:
- Hazardous waste and electronic waste from businesses
- Radioactive materials
- Fire extinguishers
- Controlled substances
TIPS ON TRANSPORTING HHW MATERIALS:
Containers should be sealed and in their original labeled packaging. Pack leaking containers in a larger, non‐leaking container. Place containers upright in a box or plastic bin and pack newspaper around the containers to prevent breakage. Place containers in your trunk and be prepared to leave your containers and boxes.
MORE INFORMATION: LA PORTE PUBLIC WORKS (281) 471‐9650 • PUBLICWORKS@LAPORTETX.GOV