| || |
Five Points Town Plaza
201 S. Broadway
La Porte, TX 77571
MARKET AT FIVE POINTS
The Market at Five Points, managed and produced by a private company, is held the first Saturday of every month at Five Points Plaza. For information, including vendor forms and contacts, please visit the Market at Five Points website or call (832) 268-1007.
- The name “Five Points” references the intersection in La Porte at the end of Main Street that for years had five streets intersecting.
- Total acreage is 1.3 acres.
- Funding for the Plaza came from a half-cent economic development sales tax. The fund is managed by the City of La Porte Economic – Development Corporation, a 501(c)(3) corporation.
- Total cost to build the Plaza was $2.5 million.
- The Plaza was designed by URS Corporation and built by CF Jordan LP.
- Sitting benches
- Performance pavilion
- Space for public art
- Free Wi-Fi wireless internet access
- Sound system capable of playing music 24/7
No consumption of alcohol is permitted unless an alcohol permit is purchased from the Parks and Recreation Department. Security is required whenever alcohol is permitted. Security rates are $30 per hour/per officer. A deposit is required with security.
- No glass containers in park, park area, or parking lots.
- Coolers, blankets, and lawn chairs are allowed.
- Part of the park can be reserved for private partys, events, etc. Please contact the Parks & Recreation Department for more information at 281-470-7275.