La Porte Cares Small Business Relief Fund
The City of La Porte is allocating $300,000 from the Harris County Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) Small Cities Assistance Program (SCAP) to provide financial assistance for local businesses located in the City of La Porte that have been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Local La Porte small businesses may be eligible to obtain grant funds up to $10,000 of emergency relief to be used for business continuity. Grants will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
- Businesses with 50 employees or less at the time of the City of La Porte's COVID-19 local disaster declaration on March 13, 2020.
- Must be located within La Porte city limits and operate out of a physical location in La Porte.
- Physical location includes “brick and mortar” structure, single-family homes, and other types of physical locations in La Porte. Locations will be verified with the review of Certificate of Occupancy as granted by the City of La Porte Building Inspection.
- Business must have been in operation since March 13, 2019.
- Registered to do business in the State of Texas.
- Demonstrate a 25% or more loss of revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Annual gross revenue must be under $5 million.
- Owner/Applicant is not currently in bankruptcy and has not filed bankruptcy in the last 12 months.
- Owner/Applicant is current with City property taxes and City fees, or has a payment plan in place with the City as of April 30, 2020.