Five Points Plaza
Sunset Sip & Stroll Farmer's Market
3rd Saturday Each Month
Enjoy a glass of wine at La Porte's Sunset Sip & Stroll Farmer's Market as you peruse local farmers' crops for the month, watch local artist do live tandem paintings, browse artisan creations, and stroll through the eclectic shops on Main Street.
For information on being a vendor, contact Megan Mainer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No consumption of alcohol is permitted unless an alcohol permit is purchased from the Parks and Recreation Department. Security is required whenever alcohol is permitted. Security rates are $40 per hour / per officer. A deposit is required with security.
- No glass containers in park, park area, or parking lots.
- Coolers, blankets, and lawn chairs are allowed.
- Part of the park can be reserved for private parties, events, etc. Please contact the Parks and Recreation Department for more information at 281-470-7275.
- Music is prohibited.
- Free Wi-Fi wireless internet access
- Performance pavilion
- Sitting benches
- Space for public art
- The name “Five Points” references the intersection in La Porte at the end of Main Street that for years had 5 streets intersecting.
- The total acreage of the facility is 1.3 acres.
- Funding for the Plaza came from a 1/2 cent economic development sales tax. The fund is managed by the City of La Porte Economic Development Corporation, a 501(c)(3) corporation.
- The total cost to build the Plaza was $2.5 million.
- The Plaza was designed by URS Corporation and built by CF Jordan LP.