Building Permits & Inspections
EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 30, 2020 ANY INSPECITON REQUESTED AFTER 7:00 A.M. WILL BE SCHEDULED FOR THE FOLLOWING BUSINESS DAY
Visit the Building Permits and Inspections Service Center website to perform any of the following tasks:
- Schedule or cancel inspections
- Obtain inspection results
- View permit and plan tracking statuses
- View permit details
- View and pay permit and inspection fee
Note: Please print receipt of payment. Must show proof of payment to request a new water account at Utility Billing Department.
Inspections scheduled before 7 a.m. will be performed on the same business day. Inspections scheduled after 7 a.m. will be performed on the next business day. Inspections can be requested online or by calling 281-470-5130.
Building CodesThe City of La Porte recently approved the 2018 Building Code editions and the 2020 National Electrical Code to be effective November 28, 2020.
Commercial Permit Submittal Requirements
- Hard copies: Complete Building Permit Application, (2) 24 X 36 Complete Plan set, and Site Plan
- USB must include the following in PDF format: Complete Building Permit Application, Complete Plan set in a single file, and Site Plan (Please do not submit CD in lieu of USB)
January 1, 2020 (New Year's Day)
April 10, 2020 (Good Friday)
May 25, 2020 (Memorial Day)
July 3, 2020 (Independence Day)
September 7, 2020 (Labor Day)
November 26-27, 2020 (Thanksgiving)
December 24-25, 2020 (Christmas)