Not Guilty

Entering a Not Guilty Plea
If you enter a not guilty plea, there will be 1 of 2 outcomes:
  1. Trial by judge
  2. Trial by jury
Appealing a Guilty Verdict
La Porte Municipal Court is a court of record. In order to appeal a finding of guilt to County Court, a defendant should have a written record of the trial proceeding sent to the Appellate Court either by a court reporter's transcript or by an agreed statement of facts approved by the City Attorney.

A defendant may request a court recording in writing prior to commencement of trial. If no request for recording is made, it constitutes a waiver of record